The Alimentarium (Vevey - 250409)

Monday, June 08, 2009
This is so far, the most interesting museum I've been.

It's run by the Nestlé foundation and their idea is to cover everything to do with food; its history, its origins and uses, in a fun and interactive way.



The various sectors of food industry.

I personally like the Commerce sector because it has a big bar of chocolate, and turns into a big cup of hot chocolate :)









Then, we have the world of 100 years ago versus today.

The differences I could think of are:
  • The food grows from the plant and the food processed from the plant.

  • The paper packaging and the plastic packaging.

  • The rattan basket and the iron trolley.

I love this Input & Output Game. Slot in any food in the Input hole, then do the same to the Output and make sure the black people won't fall too much to either side!

I have chosen my favourite nuggets as Input and typing as Output.

I am destined to be fat.

This is not egg in the red plate. It's the hamster toy but in human version.

Some boring science related stuff.

The colourful Nestlé labels.

Me and my Ramli stall.

JS and me outside the museum.

The giant fork on the lake, opposite the museum.

I reckon it looks better with a few strings of spaghetti coil around the bottom of the fork.

Spot the lobsters!!!




(: end of tour.
 
4:02 PM